Thursday, August 25, 2011

Day 28: The Past Year In Great Detail

Okay so honestly I have been dreading this post ever since I started this 30 days of posts thing which is why it is coming in so late, but here goes nothing....

August 2010 - I was just starting my sophomore year of college and surprisingly breaking out of my shell to make friends with some really awesome roomies... my dutch girls! Miss them so much. If we are also including the first half of August in this, I was able to take a nice trip to Glenwood Springs, CO with my mom and step pops. It was way fun! By far my favorite part was the river rafting/ropes course/ziplining day. It was amazing and I have been wanting to do another ropes course/zipline ever since. Maybe someday...
September 2010 - Um... Yeah, I really don't remember much about this month. I think it was just standard school, institute, roomie bonding and such... Not too much exciting.
October 2010 - Elder Warren left on his mission to NYC. This wouldn't seem like a big enough deal to make my blog since we weren't even speaking to each other, but it was huge to me. I mean, this kid broke my heart and I had spent the entire year trying to get over him and I thought for sure when he left on his mission it would make things easier, but it just didn't. What made it easier will come later on in this post.
November 2010 - This is the month I interviewed for and received my patriarchal blessing and limited use temple recommend. I felt good! I was also able to show my dutch roomies what Thanksgiving is and it was way fun taking them home with me and going shopping and such. This is the month they also invited me to go to NYC with them in December and somehow I managed to talk my mom into letting me go. Way cool!
December 2010 - By far the biggest month of my year... sorta. On December 3rd, I met Talls and the whole week following we spent just hanging out and getting to know each other. Then I left for NYC with my lovely Holland girls on the 10th. I loved loved loved NYC! I just feel sorry for them because I couldn't stop texting Talls the entire time I was there. I still feel way bad about that, but in a way I don't cuz all those hours of texts and phone calls really brought us closer together. My favorite part about NYC and the one thing I would do if I could only spend one more day there was the museum on 9/11. It was so emotional being there and seeing pictures and reading stories. It just brought everything about that day closer to home in the most amazing way possible. Ellis Island was also gorgeous! I got home from NYC on the 19th and my grandma died on Christmas and it was about time too... We are all super happy that she is with my grandpa again, right where she belongs :) And on the 27th, buddy made the 2 hour trip to come visit me. We had our first kiss on temple hill and then he told me he wanted to marry me so the rest of my month was occupied with crazy thoughts of marriage.
January 2010 - I came back down to start spring semester. Talls and I hung out all the time and made arrangements for the wedding like hiring a photographer and I got my dress. That was all before he officially proposed to me on the 27th. We had gone to the temple to do baptisms and then he took me to my favorite cupcake shop in the world. With our cupcakes, we went up on a hill overlooking St. George to eat dinner and of course, our cupcakes. Well he had put my ring on top of my cupcake and I was absolutely in shock when I saw it. He then played Marry Me by Train on his phone and asked me to dance, but I was too in shock to even move, so we just sat there instead and when the song was over, he stood me up, got down on one knee, and asked me to marry him. Obviously I said yes :)
February 2010 - I really remember like nothing from February so moving on...
March 2010 - Spring break! Loved it! Talls was able to come home with me for a weekend and it was super fun hanging out with old friends and playing cards with my rents. By the way, I have the funnest and hippest parents on this planet!
April 2010 - I got a job! Well actually, I got it in March, but I really started getting into it in April. Good stuff. I also had my bridal shower over Easter break and Talls was able to go home with me then too.
May 2010 - Um... So I got married this month which I kinda think is a big deal yeah? Yeah. I also got to move out of a dorm for the last time! Ya! No more smeer lappen to battle with. Just an adorable husby to pick up after :) And on the 13th I took out my endowments. Then went on a honeymoon to SLC, or more correctly, temple square.
June 2010 - Worked, worked, and worked some more! Also got to go home for the Mormon Miracle Pageant which was near and dear to my heart and just an overall great experience. I highly recommend going if you have never gone before. It's life changing! Literally...
July - August 2010 - Can I just let you read my month in great detail? Too bad if not, cuz I will anyways. That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment