Friday, August 19, 2011

Day 27: The Last Month, In Great Detail

Wow... A whole month to detail for you guys. I don't even remember last week, let alone last month. Well I guess we will do our best...

A month ago was obviously July 19th. I know that my birthday is on July 23rd and Talls and I took a trip to my home for it. From Talls I got a book, What Happened to Goodbye by Sarah Dessen (my fave author ever!!!), the movie Charly (tear jerker), and some coolio capsules that you put in water and they dissolve into sponges. My present from my mom was going to the Idols Live concert earlier in the month which was awesome! Plus a shopping spree that same trip. And my dad gave me what my dad typically gives... a squash, a cucumber, some food to add to my food storage, plus an amazing guitar tuner! and an iTunes gift card. Thanks all!
My birthday is awfully close to the 24th of July which just happened to be on a Sunday this year so it got celebrated on my birthday. That was fun getting to do the local town celebration of a parade and a celebration at the park. I don't think Talls was expecting much since the town I grew up in has about 500 people versus his 30,000, but he was pleasantly surprised. I also baked an awesome birthday cake for myself and put some rubber duckies on top which are now sitting in my shower. I also got a birthday balloon which blew up on the way home scaring everyone in the car. Great fun.
The last Sunday in July, Talls and I had to speak in sacrament on priesthood leadership and given it was my first ever sacrament talk, I think I did pretty well. In fact I went to the dentist today and my hygienist is a girl in my ward and she told me that she enjoyed our talks, especially the part when I elaborated on how Talls and I met and his stalkerish ways... Mwahahaha...
August 8th, 9th, and 10th, buddy and I took a nice mini vacay up to the SLC area to go to Thanksgiving Point, Lagoon, and Temple Square. Thanksgiving Point was good and the gardens were gorgeous (but hot). We both decided that we need to get Talls mom up there cuz she just loves gardening so she could easily spend a whole day there enjoying the gorgeous flowers and stuff. Lagoon was also a blast. It was fun watching Talls get all worked up over the roller coasters. For me, Lagoon began to loose its appeal the first time I went to Disneyland, but Talls has only spent a couple of hours in Disneyland and he had only been to Lagoon approx 3 times before I went with him so he was like a little kid in a candy shop. Too cute! The best part about it all was the fact that the lines were way short. Like max wait time = 20 minutes. Average was probably 5-10 which was great other than the fact that I can get motion sick sometimes and going on that many rides in the heat eventually did me in. Temple Square was also great, but that is in my week detail.
There is so much I am leaving out, but I'm honestly getting tired of these 30 days of posts. I have no idea how I'm supposed to tackle a whole year in detail. Whew... May have to take a break before getting to that one...

No comments:

Post a Comment