Wednesday, January 18, 2012

A Small Adventure

So this adventure is one pertaining particularly to Smalls, but I think it qualifies to be featured on the blog. It made me laugh anyways. So I am in German 2 this semester which is a 1000 level class and the majority of students in 1000 level classes are freshman so this should really come as no surprise. Anyways, in that class we do a lot of partner work so that we can have mini-conversations and learn to use our vocabulary. Well, the first day we did partner work, I got set up with this boy because everyone else already seemed to have chosen their partner. I didn't think anything of it until yesterday when I noticed that he might just be talking to me a little more than everyone else. I went home and told Talls that I had this feeling that boy was going to try and ask me out on a date and when he did I would be more than happy to flash my ring. Talls thought I was just imagining things because surely that's the first thing you look at when contemplating asking a girl out, right?

Turns out not. So today in class, we were partnered together again to do some exercises and after class as we were packing up our stuff getting ready to go he looked at me and was like, "Can I ask you a question?" I thought for sure it was going to be about the homework or something so I was fine with that, but then he came out with something along the lines of, "Do you want to go to a club dinner with me tonight?" I about died... I wasn't sure if he was actually asking me out on a date or not so I asked him what he meant exactly and he just looked at me weird and repeated himself. Then I had to break out with, "Um... I'm actually married." As soon as I said that he got a shocked deer-in-the-headlights look and started apologizing up the wazoo. I tried to tell him it was okay as I left but I think he was just too embarrassed for words. Poor kid. So either now partner exercises will be super awkward in German or I will have to revert to last semester and try to hold conversations with myself. Either way, it was a very flattering and amusing experience. I just hope I didn't scar the poor kid for life!

No comments:

Post a Comment